Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Something to Blog About . . .



It has been a couple of weeks since our last post. I thought this time I would blog about the Book Club I am in. I have posted a picture of our meeting tonight. There are a couple of people missing, well actually 4! I thought I would list a couple of my favorite books from the last year of book club: Pope Joan, These is my Words, 1776, and The Fountainhead!! These books will not disappoint!!




The people in the picture are (from left to right): Emily, Camille, Me, Trina, and Kim. The people that are missing are: April (had an adorable baby in January), Jayna (had a class to go to), Jill (got caught up at work in a meeting) and another Kim(had her daughters Parent teacher conference at school!!) These girls are all wonderful!!

I really love my book club. The girls in the club are so much fun and so great to talk with. We end up talking about the book for a little while and then we move on to more interesting topics!! :)

Also, I have been suffering from Spring Fever. I am so sick of the snow and the cold, and just so anxious for Spring and warm weather!! This past Saturday my wonderful friend Allison called and asked if I wanted to go and get pedicures!! I jumped at the chance. Yes I did have them do black nail polish with hot pink flowers!! I posted a picture so you could see. Now, we know we won't be wearing open toed shoes for a little while yet, but still it gives you a taste of knowing warm weather is ahead!!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is funny about your books from the past yr. those are a few of the ones that I read in my book club.

Also I am with you on needing to get a pedicure and needing spring!!!

Wendy said...

I love book groups chats!! and I LOVE pedicure's!! Glad your doing well.

jayna said...

nikki. love the toes. so glad i'm not in that picture. have we deleted our old blog yet? i like the chic-lit one better anyway. can't wait for spring and then i get my toes painted french!!!