Sunday, February 10, 2008

Riverdance

This weekend we had tickets to Riverdance at Kingsbury Hall. We all love Riverdance, well except for Brendan, but that is another story. Brendan actually went to Boise to see his Brother and Sister-in-law and their cute son!! Kasey, Denver, Stephanie, Morgan, Brynlee and I went to Riverdance. Oh and my dear friend Trina!!


The exciting part of going to Riverdance for us, was to attend the program with Brynlee. She is currently taking Irish Clog Dance Lessons and we were all so excited to see her reaction!! She loved it and was enthralled the entire time. For those of you that don't know, Brynlee is Stephanie and Morgan's Daugher, she is 7.


To give you a little bit more background on my families love for Irish Clogging . . . .We have all seen Riverdance before and loved it just as much the first time as the second time. After the first time, my two older sisters and I all talked about how much fun it would be to take Irish Clog Dance Lessons. So low and behold, Stephanie found a place for us to take an Introductory Class of Irish Clog. Kasey wasn't able to take the lessons with us, because she was going to be traveling with her husband. It was just Stephanie, Brynlee and me.


I didn't think to ask too many questions about the class, so the first week we went, I started looking around and noticed that all the other people taking the class were all around Brynlee's age. And as we started to warm up, it was pretty clear that Stephanie and I were much, much older than any of the other students. The class lasted 8 weeks and we really did have a great time, even though we were commonly refered to "the big girls in the back!" It was such a blast to be in the class with Brynlee. Needless to say, Brynlee has since gone on and continued her training of Irish Clogging, Stephanie and I have not.


I have posted a picture of Brynlee and Morgan striking an Irish Pose. Morgan is a great sport and often challenges Brynlee to an "Irish Dance Off." Any of you that know Morgan know how entertaining this always is and how it leaves the audience with stomach aches from laughing so hard.

4 comments:

Kacey said...

Great story Nikki. Reminds me of that Friends episode where Monica & Rachel took tap dance classes. Didn't Stephanie take belly dancing classes too one time? Oh, and I can totally picture Morgan having dance-off's with his daughter. Don't know why I just thought of this but does he still own that pair of orange Doc Martin's? lol

Burke family said...

That sounds so fun. We missed you this weekend, but I'm glad you were able to have such a cool experience with your family. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Trish the Dish said...

Hey Nikki and Brendan - I'm Suzie's friend, Tricia (see triciasdishes.blogspot.com) I got your link from Suzie's sadly neglected blog - you guys are so funny! It's weird to read someone's blog that I don't know much about, but I found myself grinning a bit - good on ya! Brendan looks so familiar it's killing me - we must have been in the same single's ward or something. Heaven knows I was in enough of them to recognize half the Mormon population. Anyway - cute blog. :) Hopefully we'll meet up with you guys again soon. Cheers -

Rookie Dad said...

I used to see Morgan strike this pose at least once a week back in the Millrace days. Only he was usually wearing lederhosen.