Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Week in Pennsylvania


This week for work, I got to travel back East to Pennsylvania!! A friend from work, Kim and I flew to Philadelphia on Monday. We got there in the early afternoon and decided to head to Philadelphia's Downtown to see some of our nation's history. We had a total blast walking around and seeing all of the cities great sites.

That night for dinner, we thought we should find a very authentic Philly Cheesesteak!! So we asked a couple of guys on the street and they showed us on our walking map where we should go. After 45 minutes of walking, we ended up on this corner of 2 competing Philly Cheesesteak places. Now if any of you watch the Food Network, there is a show: Diners, Drive-In's & Dives. We LOVE that show. And it just so happens that one of the episodes we caught, was about this exact place!! I was so dang excited to experience it. We decided to go old school and go to Pat's over Geno's. Pat's is the original, as you can tell from the pictures. The sandwich was so GOOD and well worth the 45 minute walk.

After dinner, we went back to our rental car and headed west to Lancaster. This is Amish Country for those of you that don't know. It was SO PRETTY. I have been there before, back when I was a senior in High School, but I was amazed at how green and how everything was already in bloom. We did a little bit of exploring in Amish Country and had a blast.

On the way back to our flight, we decided to stop by Valley Forge. I was very impressed and very humbled to be in such a historical place.
Oh yes and we did actually work while we were out there!!

4 comments:

Burke family said...

That sounds so fun! It looks like you packed in tons of sightseeing - what a cool work trip!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear all about your trip! A lot to experience in just a few days! Hope you had a smooth(er) landing this time..

Camilleeeooo said...

But...but...it's supposed to be me that travels with you!! I want to see the sights in Philly...I went, but it was all business...Oh well, headed to Florida tomorrow!!

Suzie said...

Sure beats Houston, eh?