Sunday, January 6, 2008

Jerusalem Reunion and New Year's Eve

10 Years ago I had the awesome opportunity of traveling to the Holy Land for a Semester Abroad. Fall of 1997, I found myself at the Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies with 176 amazing people. Over this Christmas Holiday, we had a 10 year reunion for our group. I was so excited for it. It was such a fun night. What was so great about it is that everyone looked the same, just a little bit more mature.

My Semester in Jerusalem was such an amazing time. The faculty, staff and students were so much fun. I learned so much about the history and the people of the MiddleEast.

Here is a shot of all of us!




Also, a couple of my dearest and closest friends I met in Jerusalem: Brooke & Roselyn. We ended up all being roommates back at BYU and have been life long friends even though we are separated by many miles!!
















On New Years Eve we headed down to Morgan and Steph's for a party. We had yummy Mexican Food and Chocolate Fondue for Dessert!! Kasey and Denver were there and also our long lost friends Brittany and Eric. We usually only see them around Holidays, so it was so fun to see them and catch up with them!! We ended up playing games until all hours of the morning, and sad but true that all the kids were still awake at that time!!

1 comment:

Rookie Dad said...

Nik, thanks for the comment on our blog. Great to reconnect with you!
Your blog is great and the commentary is very entertaining. I'm not sure if Dave and Amy made it to your Jerusalem reunion, but in case you hadn't heard they just moved from the Phoenix area to Blackfoot, ID - He's going to be running a physical therapy clinic there.

Please tell Steph and Morg hi for me and maybe pass along my blog address to Morgan. I've been trying to figure out how to locate both of the Ashton boys, since I haven't seen either of them for ages. Hi to Roselyn as well - haven't seen her for several years.

All the best and let's stay in touch!