Sunday, August 26, 2007

It was a "Running" Weekend



Well Brendan left on Thursday Night for Portland to run in the Hood To Coast Race. It is an annual race where you start at Mt. Hood and run all the way to the Oregon Coast. His whole family participates. I posted a picture of Brendan and his Brothers and Dad. But really his whole family gets involved . .sisters run, brothers-in-law run, there are volunteers, etc. Brendan loves this weekend he gets to hang out with his family and his close friend, Jake from D.C., always flys into run the race as well. It is a team race where they all take legs throughout the 2 days. Brendan says the only downfall to this weekend is the actual running.


Since Brendan was off running, I decided to run as well. My cute friend Nikki called me and said that there was a 5K in Draper to support the families of the National Guard Men and Women that had been deployed, so how could I say no to that. We woke up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and headed over to the park in Draper to get registered and get ready to run. It was really fun and totally worthwhile!! The picture is of Nikki and me and her cute son RJ who rode in a stroller the entire race and was such a good kid the whole time!!

2 comments:

Burke family said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! I love to see pictures and keep up-to-date on what's going on! Looks like you have had such a fun summer!

Wendy said...

Yes!! I am so glad that you and brendan...well mainly just you blog!! It is such a good way to keep tabs on family and friends far away, as you know!! I promise i will check your blog regularly!! Keep the pictures coming!!!