Wednesday, September 10, 2008

PICTURE PERFECT

A picture is worth a thousand words, and we all know I’m rarely short on those. So, here are a few of my favorite things, in picture form.

THE HARLINE CATCH:
At the risk of sounding like a Ute fan still talking about 2004, I still get chills when thinking of this moment. Never has blown coverage looked so good. Never has BYU victory tasted so sweet. It should be noted that my brother and I were dangerously close to a fist fight with several angry Ute fans about 30 seconds after this catch. It was completely unprovoked on our side, of course...


ANCHORMAN:
I could watch it a million times, and it never gets old. “Baxter, you know I don’t speak Spanish.”


SENIOR PHOTO:
Wow. I’ve seen Nikki look cute in hundreds of photos but never with so much hair. How did the photographer fit it all in?

P-TOWN:
No matter where I go, there’s still no place like home.


GLORIA:
She looks gooood after a bath.
*A special thanks goes out to Nikki’s new Pilot. Its presence has enabled me to retire the big, old Suburban and reunite with my automotive crush.


SHOCKWAVE:
My favorite Christmas present of all time. Too bad I sold it on ebay while in college. Nostalgia runs cheap when you need gas money.


BABY BURKE:
Best. Thing. Ever! Even if he looks more like a monkey with a mullet at this point, we can’t wait for our new, little guy to arrive late January. Let's hope he looks like his mom and doesn't act like his dad.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Brendan - if you're going to post high school pictures of Nikki (who was clearly influenced by Kelly Kapowski's awesomeness....as we ALL WERE!), then I think turnabout is pretty fair play. There has to be a mullet in your closet somewhere....

I think your little peanut is saying something...."I'm going to get an athletic scholarship to the U" perhaps?

Larson Famdango said...

Congrats on the BABY! I was so excited when I heard the news. We will have to get together with everyone soon and celebrate! I hope you are feeling well Nikki!
Love,
Todd and Anna

Sarah said...

I loved ALL those pictures, but especially the ultrasound. I hadn't heard. Congrats!!

Jeanette said...

CONGRATS on the baby I am so so so excited for you both.

Ali said...

Hi guys! Wow - you click on one interesting looking link on one friend's blog and end up finding another friend's blog. Small world! Maybe I should stop blog hunting and be productive. Anyway, good to find you.

Amy Miller said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR....You guys are pregnant? That is SOOOOO awesome. I am so excited for you both. Good thing I stalk your blog once in awhile, or I would totally feel out of the loop in everyones lives. :) Congrats again, you guys are going to make the cutest family ever. "everyone on the bus two snaps". :) hehehe

Wendy said...

Brendan - So now I know what happened to all my old transformers. Kyle is now getting into transformers and I was excited to find my old ones and give them to him. However, when I went through my stuff in the attic mysteriously every single one of my old transformers had disappeared. Judging by what vintage transformers are going for on ebay. I figure you owe me several thousand dollars. I accept cash or checks.

jen said...

loved the high school picture, but absolutely stunned and thrilled about your baby. Hadn't heard that wonderful news. I am so happy. Hope you are doing well Nikki. jen

eden&mike said...

Brendan, Congrats on your little one! That is amazing. Its such a great ride. Its fun to hear such amazing news. I love the ultrasound pic!